Thursday, July 30, 2009

For Christ sake...

or my own? Why else would I start reading the Bible after all this time? Maybe it was becoming the elephant on my potential book shelf. I have read so many books, and although many have been brilliant and magical, some have been crap. I have thought about reading Mein Kampf (what fun), the Koran, and the book of Mormon out of curiosity. This only served to make a stronger case for the Bible. Reading Larry McMurtry or even Stephen King before THB was one thing, but Hitler? Or the M&M religious guides for that matter. Of course I'm starting with my/his/our book and skipping right over the old testament. Not a big angry God guy, but Jesus is a different story. He's worth reading about, whether he was the Son of God or not.

Oh yeah, so far I've learned that Methuselah was Noah's grandfather, the ark was built from gopher wood, and coolest of all, Genesis 9:3

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment